Sunday, February 10, 2008

The vehicles of these people exposed.

Once these people knew that I was in fact video taping each and every vehicle and person that came to this location, the vehicles finally began to stop coming around here and the ones that did all had temporary plates. So they were put on notice that I was not going to tolerate illegal activity running down my neighborhood.

The problem was I could not get the dogs rescued from these people. You see, I actually cared about these dogs. Time after time, I would call in a complaint to the animal control officers and time after time they would just call this guy on the phone to have him meet them here at the property. Each time they would make empty threats to this guy that if he did not do something they would take the dogs. He would always give them some kind of story and they would give him another chance every time.

Not once would AC listen to or watch my video. It was almost as if they did not truly want to know, because if they did they might actually have to do something about it. So I asked them, is the reason you are doing nothing about the dogs because you know that if you take these dogs they will just be killed and at the counties expense? They would never directly answer my question, but the answer is yes, they would have been killed. So was living in this horrible existence more humane then taking the dogs away even if certain death is what awaited them? What about me being treated humanely?

Because I like dogs and cared about the suffering of these dogs, I now live with the haunting fact that one of these poor innocent grey female dogs was killed because I called the animal control regarding it repeatedly escaping it's confines, being neglected and abused and begging for food at my doorstep because it was starving. Once AC took the grey dog, I desperately tried to find it a rescue, and when I did finally find one, it was too late! So this web journal is in memory of her. She deserved to be treated better.

I do not support breed specific legislation or a ban on Pit Bulls, however I do support the banning of unlicensed breeding of Pit Bulls in order to stop the dog fighters. I support heafty fines, penalties and forfietures for irresponsible breeding of any dogs. The problem with the way the law is written is that only those who arelicensed by the Department of Agriculture are subject to punishment and Criminals don't bother with licenses. So one way to stop this criminal enterprise is to require a license or you loose the dogs. Period.

I think rental property owners who make their property available to criminal adventures should be subject to loosing that property once they have been informed and they choose to do nothing about it. A Renters Quite Right to Use should not include illegal use. Holding the property owners responsible will go a long way toward cleaning up our neighborhoods.

No comments: